A supplementary resource for English Language as a Second Language, this multi-level English course offers users the chance to learn the language using highly interactive multimedia – text, graphics, sound and video and a dedicated online services and teacher assistance.
This product can be used as a teaching tool in a classroom or in a lab. Teachers can project this software in the room and use it as a tool to deliver the goal (or part of the goal) of a lesson.
Students can use this product as a self-paced learning resource where they can select the lessons that they want to learn at anytime, anywhere.
This product can be used as a part of a normal classroom lesson, where the teacher can mix the use of traditional teaching and learning methods with some components of this software.
The course takes students through four (4) different levels of the program in mastering English:
- Pre Intermediate
- Upper Intermediate
- Rich language material divided into four levels – each corresponding to 150 hours of intensive learning.
- Thousands of interactive activities, recordings, photos and drawings.
- Grammar syllabus covering the essential language issues from beginner to upper-intermediate level.
- Extensive vocabulary development.
- Integrated skills training through activity sequences.
- Excellent video lessons based on films prepared especially for the application.
- Hundreds of dialogues, stories and common situations.
- Intelligent performance tracking to record your progress and suggest areas of revision.
- Advanced tools built into the program help students to learn easier.
- Integrated speech recognition capabilities.
- On-line services allow users to work together and communicate with their teachers.
The video content is carefully structured to consolidate the skills taught. The content is stimulating, humorous and pedagogically sound. The ‘Day in a Life’ story about the Reward TV crew is a novel way to present interesting and amusing materials together with cross-cultural content. The activities to accompany the video are highly motivating and interesting.
There are four on-line services to supplement the off-line course content:
Monthly magazine updated from around the world. There are four different levels to accompany each course level.
A virtual classroom in which students communicate with each other in real time. Topics for discussion relate to the off-line course activity.
Teachers provide feedback and comments via the internet. The students’ work or writing can be marked by the teachers.
Allows students from all over the world to meet on the Internet to compete in friendly-oriented computer games, thereby improving their language skills. Five different games for each level of the course are available free of charge.
An advanced speech recognition module makes it possible for students to practice their pronunciation skills by speaking directly to the program. They can complete the majority of activities using their own voice. The program uses ViaVoice — IBM’s proprietary advanced technology.
Three additional program tools support the main EuroPlus+ Reward application:
Students can use the entire vocabulary introduced in the course. Words are organised alphabetically or in the order they are introduced in the course. The Word Bank option groups words thematically, making it easier to memorise new vocabulary. All words have accompanying audio.
Summarises all grammar rules introduced in the course. Short extracts with audio examples create an extensive guide to English grammar.
The quickest way to learn pronunciation. Speech signal visual analysis allows students to compare their pronunciation to recordings of a native speaker and adjust their pronunciation accordingly.
- Variety of interactive activities.
- Speech recognition and analysis.